The profound simplicity of one simple balance
We created Eco as one simple balance to manage your entire financial life. Here's why.
How many financial apps are on your phone right now?
Do you use any financial services that are only available on desktop?
Or do you still drive to your local branch to do your banking?
Checking account. Savings account. Investment account. Peer-to-peer transfers. Mortgage payments. Credit card bills. Most people have a half-dozen or more apps on their phone, each one accounting for another piece of their financial life.
Wouldn’t it be easier to have everything in one place?
We think so. That’s why we created Eco as one simple balance to manage your entire financial life.
Where we are…and where we’re going
Building a financial app that allows you to manage everything takes time, but we’ve made a lot of progress. Right now, here are some of the features you can utilize right in the Eco app.
- Save. While interest rates soar, the typical APY from a big bank is only .19%. Banks loan out your money at a 5-6% interest rate on mortgages and small business loans (and even higher rates on credit cards) while returning almost nothing back to you. That’s not right. New Eco users immediately earn 2.5% APY on their balance, with an opportunity to earn up to 5% by referring a few friends. (We’re a community, after all.)
- Spend. Many banks offer extremely low APY on checking accounts and a slightly higher yield on savings accounts. The purpose of one simple balance is to earn market-leading APY rewards on all of your money. Not only do you enjoy a high APY on money that you regularly spend, but you get 5% cash back on purchases from our growing list of merchants. Even better, you get rewarded for spending, so your Eco Points balance grows every time you swipe your Eco Card.
- Send. Merchant transactions are only one piece of your financial life. Our latest addition is Send, a peer-to-peer (p2p) feature that allows you to instantly send fellow Eco users cash and Eco Points—and you’ll earn up to 1,000 Points for Send transactions over $10 each month. Over time, you’ll be able to use this feature to send and request from out-of-network parties as well.
- Bill Pay. You’re able to pay your most important bills—student loans, mortgages, car payments, medical bills—at over 20,000 billers. And you’ll earn Eco Points whenever you do.
- Eco Debit Card. Sure, Eco is an app, but sometimes a physical card is necessary. Again, you’ll earn Eco Points when you swipe your debit card. And, of course, we’ll never charge you a fee.
- Eco Points. Eco Points are the world’s first open rewards currency. We’re building Eco Points as an open system, built on an open standard and allowing for open movement between platforms. This means over time you’ll be able to use your Points anywhere, unlike in most rewards economies, which are built in closed systems and subject to devaluation at any time.
- Eco helix. Most financial apps and websites are practically illegible. We designed the Eco helix so that users could easily envision the past, present, and future value of their money.
- ATM Withdrawals. Sometimes you need cold, hard cash. Our forthcoming ATM withdrawal feature brings us closer to our goal of having Eco meet all your financial needs in one simple app. And again, we’ll never charge a fee.
ATM withdrawals are only the first feature on Eco’s 2023 roadmap. We have a number of other exciting features that will launch over the course of the year. And each one is designed to make your financial life easier.
What our users say
We talk to Eco users on a regular basis in order to stay on top of what they need from us. One thing we hear over and over again is that they’re looking for simplicity.
Here are a few examples from calls we’ve conducted over the last few months. We thank each and every one of them for their input, because we aim to build products that our users most need.
If you have any feature requests, reach out to us anytime and our Support team will get right back to you.